This past weekend we were reunited for PSU Gorge Invite at Cascade Locks, OR. The sailing was perfect - great wind, great weather and plenty of awesome races. For the first time in almost a year I forgot that I had graduated and entered the "adult" world. All that mattered was the water and the wind, pulling my sail in and hiking flat. I forgot about bills, and work, and the question that perpetually hangs over my head nowadays - "What are you doing with your life?"
Instead, I got to spend a weekend being completely enthralled with my surroundings - my friends, the water and an atmosphere of positivity and camaraderie I truly miss. I remembered what it's like to feel exhilarated and calm at the same time as we planed downwind and the feeling of anticipation at the start line, rushing into something new and unknown.
These feelings made me realize that this is exactly what I need to find in this new life I'm making for myself. My days of college sailing are over, only to be revisited once a year, but I have plenty of life ahead of me to enjoy and I need to make sure that I make the most of it.
I ended the weekend with a renewed sense of what I want in this world - a reminder of how life should feel. My goal now is to make it a reality. Let the planning begin.
No comments:
Post a Comment