Monday, May 31, 2010

Oregon Revisted

I spent Memorial Day weekend in Oregon - Portland first, a short stopover in Corvallis, and a couple days in Eugene. The drive down was pretty miserable - took me two and a half hours to get as far as Olympia! Once I got to Portland, Chris and I headed to Eugene. We ended up staying the night at his parents' house in Corvallis. The next day we left for Eugene and arrived at Fern Ridge a little before noon for their annual Memorial Day Regatta. The wind didn't cooperate for most of the weekend, but it was great to be back at the lake surrounded by a bunch of sailors. Seeing Sophie, Cara and Jeannette was the best part - I miss those girls!

The whole trip made me realize how much I miss Oregon. I don't know how to explain the difference exactly, but Oregon just has something special about it. The people are amazingly friendly, it's super laid back and it is absolutely the most beautiful place on earth. I'm elated to be moving back there in the fall and this trip helped me to confirm that Oregon is the place I truly belong. It feels like home and that feeling is so comforting - I can't wait to go back.

Unfortunately, though Memorial Day Weekend must come to end and now I find myself back in Seattle. The sun is out for the first time in a week or so and I'm starting to see hints of the summer to come. I hope it's a good one - filled with friends and sailing and sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment