Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekend in CV

Chris took Friday off, so we spent most of the weekend in Corvallis cleaning out his old room. His parents are moving out of their home in Corvallis and retiring to their Cabin on the Kitsap Peninsula. His childhood bedroom has basically functioned as a storage unit since he left home to go to OSU, so it was (and still kind of is) just packed with stuff. It's kind of amazing how many things he has accumulated over the years.

It's interesting too spending so much time with his parents, especially his mom, Sallie. Sometimes I feel like I'm already their daughter-in-law, even though Chris and I have only discussed marriage in the vaguest of terms. I've been included in their holiday email string, the Christmas gift exchange and the Thanksgiving dinner plans. It's just kind of weird, I'm not really used to it. I think it makes me miss my own family too, we used to be like that, getting together for all of the holidays. Now that everyone is in a different place it's hard to organize visits. I can't go to just one city and see everyone, I have to schedule three different visits, and they are all so far away I can only see them for a couple days each if I'm lucky. I do wish they were a little closer sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment