I just want out.
A little while later....
I know things have gotten bad at work because I've started to listen to all the music I listened to while I was working on my thesis prospectus fall term of senior year - specifically Chris Bathgate and Iron and Wine. They may not sound too angry or depressing, but I can feel my mental state changing to something much quieter and reflective, but not in a meditative , calm way. Something darker, more stressed, subtly angry and frustrated. It's like I've experienced so much frustration in the past few weeks that I can no longer express it outwardly, instead I turn inward and let it simmer, quietly and intensely. There's also a certain anxiety attached to it, like I'm losing something. I think it's control, I'm losing control over the situation, details are slipping through my fingers and the more I attempt to control, the more I miss. Everything has turned into this wriggling mass...condensed and coiled, but writhing out of my grip.
Chris Bathgate - Serpentine from Bandstand Busking on Vimeo.
No comments:
Post a Comment