So I gave notice at work. I actually did it about two weeks ago, but those two weeks have been so incredibly insane I haven't had time to really reflect on it.
My boss didn't take it so well at first - she seemed angry with me. She seems to have calmed down some and I don't feel like she's angry with me anymore. It has been a difficult transition though. Things have been super busy because of the new client and now trying to hire a new full time and part time person. The first couple days after I gave notice were the worst - I felt horribly guilty and started having second thoughts. Ultimately though I'm comfortable with my decision.
I'm excited to make these changes - Chris and I have found an apartment in Portland, I'm applying for some interesting new jobs and I'm just generally excited about my prospects. There is a part of me that is nervous about my employment situation - all the news out there is so bleak, it's hard to not become afraid and anxious, but I'm confident that I will be able to find something, even if it takes a little longer than I would like. More than anything though, I'm excited to finally be with Chris. The majority of our relationship has been long-distance, connecting via phone calls and IM's, scheduling in weekend visits and logging hundreds of hours driving between one city and another. I'm looking forward to the prospect of being in one place, together, for an indefinite period of time. I feel like if I have that, everything else will fall into place.
No comments:
Post a Comment