And then I remembered - I'm the one in control of this situation and if I want to leave sooner then that is the goal I should work towards. It's tough though, because I'm also having to overcome this hurdle of fear, fear of disappointing my boss and leaving sooner than both she and I had anticipated. I really enjoy working with her and my other coworkers - it's a great office to be a part of and I'm going to be really sad to leave it. But my life circumstances have changed and they require a different plan of action than the one I originally implemented.
I'm excited for the change - I'm applying for my first job opportunity this week. It's a bit of long shot, but more than worth it if I get it. I only hope that I can overcome the fear of breaking the news to my boss and asking her to be a reference. I know in my heart that she will be glowing reference, but I feel guilty about leaving her so soon after all the kindness she has shown me. I've been so lucky working where I do, I hope I can somehow help that trend continue.
No comments:
Post a Comment